THE EMPIRE HOTEL AND COUNTRY CLUB, JERUDONG, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
MONDAY, 06 MUHARRAM 1437 CORRESPONDING TO 19 OCTOBER 2015
1. The 11th Annual Brunei Darussalam Roundtable was held today, Monday, 06 Muharram 1437 corresponding to 19 October 2015, at The Empire Hotel & Country Club, Jerudong, Brunei Darussalam. The Roundtable was jointly organised by Asia Asset Management Hong Kong (AAM) and the Centre For Islamic Banking, Finance And Management (CIBFM), supported by Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD).
2. The Guest of Honour for the event was Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Indera Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Suyoi bin Haji Osman, Minister of Development, Brunei Darussalam as Deputy Chairman of AMBD. Also present were Yang Mulia Dato Paduka Awang Haji Ali bin Apong, Deputy Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office; other members of AMBD Board of Directors; Permanent Secretaries; senior Government officials and executive officers from financial institutions.
3. The theme for this year’s Roundtable is “Generating and Sustaining Growth”. The seminar provided an avenue for local and regional financial regulators and industry players to share exciting ideas and value-added information on current investment strategies in Asia, economic and financial market infrastructure development and prospects in the ASEAN region as well as opportunities beyond 2015, which in turn can contribute in the alignment of future capacity building plans.
4. The Roundtable was attended by 150 local and foreign participants including Government officials, financial regulators and industry players.
5. CIBFM, located at the ILIA Building of Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), is the training arm of the AMBD, and has? been recognised by the Brunei Darussalam National Accreditation Council (BDNAC) as a Training Institution in providing Value-Added Qualifications in terms of professional learning solutions in the field of Banking, Finance and Management. AAM is a Hong Kong-based publication house that provides the latest trends and strategies in the fund management industry, in-depth interviews with industry giants, information on new pension mandates and comprehensive reports about the most important issues in the industry.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 06 Muharram 1437 / 19 October 2015