1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) launched its inaugural Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP) on Tuesday, 9th February 2016 at the Center for Islamic Banking Finance and Management (CIBFM), ILIA Building, UBD Campus, Jalan Tungku-Link.
2. The Guest of Honour was Yang Mulia Awang Yusof bin Haji Abd Rahman, the Managing Director of AMBD, who also officiated the AMBD ALP.
3. The AMBD ALP is designed and co-organised by CIBFM and the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), and is an accelerated leadership program targeted for managers identified with potential to become future leaders of AMBD. Additionally, it is a tool that will be used to assess these potential leaders and subsequently, develop their leadership skills and talent required in furthering the career.
4. The AMBD ALP is divided into three series, with the Junior Executive Program for Junior Leaders: Growing Leaders being the first series. This junior program will bring together 26 junior managers from different departments and units of AMBD.
5. CIBFM is the learning arm of AMBD. As a Centre of Excellence, CIBFM aims to become the human talent development platform for the financial industry in Brunei Darussalam by providing professional learning and development solutions in major disciplines such as banking, finance, insurance/takaful, capital market as well as leadership, management and professional studies.
6. SIM is a leading provider of higher education and professional training in Singapore. It started its operations as a centre for management excellence in 1964. With over 50 years of experience, SIM is committed to help participants turn their learning aspirations into reality. Quality education and continuous learning are important elements in moulding potential future leaders of character and competence. Thus, the collaboration between CIBFM and SIM is timely in growing AMBD’s future leaders.
7. Also present at the opening ceremony were senior officers from AMBD.
Corporate Communication Unit
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date : 30 Rabiulakhir 1437H/ 9 February 2016M
Ref : AMBD/COMMS/3/2016