1. The Centre For Islamic Banking, Finance And Management (CIBFM) held the Graduation Ceremony for the Fiqh Muamalat Professional Programme (FMPP) at The Indera Kayangan Ballroom, The Empire Hotel & Country Club on Monday, 2 Syaaban 1437H corresponding to 9 May 2016M.
2. The event began with the recitation of Surah Al-Fatihah and was followed by welcoming remarks delivered by the Guest of Honour, Yang Mulia Awg Yusof bin Hj Abd Rahman, Managing Director of Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) as Chairman of CIBFM Berhad.
3. Yang Mulia Awg Yusof then presented certificates to nine graduates, comprising of officers from the financial sector after successfully completing their FMPP examination and activities.
4. Two Islamic Finance experts from Malaysia, Yang Mulia Dato Dr Daud bin Bakar from Amanie Advisors and Yang Mulia Dr Zulkifli bin Hassan from University Sains Malaysia were also invited to present and share their knowledge and experience on the global issues and matters of Islamic Finance.
5. FMPP is a signature programme introduced by CIBFM in 2012. This part time program, endorsed by AMBD and Syariah Financial Supervisory Board Negara Brunei Darussalam (SFSB), is divided into 3 phases: Phase I – Theory, Phase II Mentorship Programme and Phase II – International Exposure and has produced 26 graduates so far.
6. CIBFM as the Centre for Excellence under AMBD has an important role in ensuring that the programmes conducted by CIBFM are credible and of the highest quality to gain global recognition. Knowledge disseminated from these programmes are also ensured to be relevant in raising the standards and performance of the Islamic Finance sector in Brunei Darussalam.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 2 Syaaban 1437H/ 9 May 2016M
Ref No: AMBD/COMMS/2016/3