Basic of Islamic Banking and Finance is a 2 days training with emphasis on case studies and application. This course takes a look at both viewpoints of the bank and regulator, thereby offering a unique way to equip participants with the knowledge necessary for retail banking staff and those dealing with retail banking activities. This training will also be cover a brief, yet comprehensive understanding on Islamic Banking, Finance and Capital Market on a macro level.
- Describe the banking framework in Brunei Darussalam
- Identify the differences between the traditional and more modern offering of banks? products and services.
- Explain the rationale in offering different delivery channels.
- Examine the Financial Regulator?s roles and responsibilities and the significance of regulation in the banking sector in Brunei Darussalam.
- Describe the differences between Islamic and Conventional Banking and Finance.
Introduction to Retail Banking
- Regulator Framework in Brunei Darussalam
- Overview of Banking Framework
- Basic of Retail Banking
Introduction to Islamic Banking and Finance
- omponent of Islamic Banking
- History and Global Development
- The Principles of Islamic Finance
- The Structure of Islamic Banks
Introduction to Muamalah Contract
(Material in Malay, delivery in bilingual)
- Perbezaan di antara Ibadat dan Muamalat
- Sumber Hukum
- Qawaid Fiqhiyyah
- Maqasid Syariah
- Fiqh Muamalat
- Kontrak (Aqad)
- Jenis-Jenis Kontrak
- Perbezaan praktis Global
Who Should Attend
- Employees new to the retail banking sector
- New staff in the Financial regulation
Khairul Anuar Ahmad is a Manager in Islamic Financial Services Unit at the Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD). He received his Bachelor?s degree in Shariah from Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) and Masters in Islamic Finance from the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF). He recently published a paper in Journal of King Abdul Aziz University: Islamic Economics, with the title ?Are Deposits and Investment Accounts in Islamic Banks in Malaysia Interest Free?? His current research interests are Shariah governance, Shariah audit and review, Islamic banking, Islamic capital market, awqaf, Islamic law focusing on Islamic finance. Ida Nazrena Haji Bujang is a Certified Financial Planner registered with the Financial Planning Association of Malaysia who also holds the Islamic Financial Planning Certificate. She has also recently attained the Accredited Training Professional (ATP), a programme held by the prestigious SMR HR Group in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Ida has over 16 years? experience in the local financial industry, 12 of which were with HSBC. Her banking experience has brought her through various departments which includes roles in Support Department, remittance section, personal loans (frontline and back office), Banking Services (dealing in the processing of payments, Standing Instructions, time deposits, etc.), retail banking as well as wealth management (frontline and sales management and training). Prior to joining the Centre for Islamic Banking, Finance & Management (CIBFM), Ida was the Personal Wealth Manager in BICB Capital, where she is responsible for the company?s promotion of financial planning services and its sales of shari?ah compliant unit trusts. Download Brochure