The Certificate in Green and Sustainable Finance syllabus has been developed to encompass broader aspects of sustainable finance, alongside green finance aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, although the focus remains on “green”.
Who Should Attend
The certificate is aimed at financial services professionals globally who wish to develop and demonstrate their knowledge and expertise of green and sustainable finance. This certification is suitable for broad financial services sector coverage, including bankers, insurers, investment managers, central bankers and regulators, risk managers, analysts and consultants.
No entry requirement is needed.
The certification emcompasses broad aspect of sustainable finance and green finance in several area of studies, such as:
- Green and sustainable finance in the context of retail, commercial and wholesale banking, central and development banks, insurance and investment sectors;
- The science of climate change and the role of the financial system in the natural world;
- Global, international and national policy, regulatory and industry responses to support flows of finance for sustainable growth;
- Climate-related financial risks, and other environmental and sustainability risks;
- Key sustainable finance frameworks/principles (e.g. UN SDGs, PRI/PRB, TCFD, Green Bond and Green Loan Principles);
- Transition to sustainability;
- Overview of green and sustainable FinTech; and
- Ethical dimensions of green and sustainable finance, and the role of Green and Sustainable Finance Professionals ™.