People are at the heart of any organisation and line managers have a very important role to play in bringing about organisational success. As HR ‘agents’ providing the Vital Link between leaders and employees, line managers have a huge impact on employee behaviours. Line managers who are also effective people managers will be able to draw out the full potential of employees, build high-performance team and add maximum value to the organization.
This programme is a comprehensive 3-day programme that incorporates the very core knowledge, capabilities and skills that will help line managers to become highly effective people managers..
CIPD’s virtual learning course on Essential People Skills for Line Managers explores the manager’s role in more detail, addressing the importance of communication, motivation, and performance management. It stresses the need for positive relationships between line managers and their team members, and for supporting line managers in developing their own people management skills.
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply appropriate management styles to different people and situations;
- Sharpen your communications skills to better engage people;
- Apply performance management methods to drive performance;
- Develop effective delegation skills to manage your time effectively and leverage the team’s strengths;
- Understand and apply motivation techniques, creating a culture of growth and recognition;
- Apply techniques to better support your team through recognising the existence emotional responses to change;
- Sharpen your leadership skills to build an effective and agile team; and
- Understand and apply the Wellbeing Framework to better boost team resilience.
- The role of the manager
- Management Styles
- Managing Communication
- Managing Performance
- Empowering people
Stakeholder*: BND $ 1400.00
Non-Stakeholder: BND $ 1400.00
*Stakeholders are participants from MOFE, BDCB and all domestic banks in Brunei Darussalam.Download Brochure here