The modern corporate secretary plays an increasingly wider and in-depth role and is imposed with additional responsibilities in relation to the activities of the company and activities of the Board of Directors. Hence, more is expected of a corporate secretary today.
To be an effective modern corporate secretary , it is necessary to know and to understand the traditional functions, such as arranging Board meetings, preparing bundles of documents, taking minutes, filing documents, acting as liaisons for directors. There is also a further requirement to be familiarised with the general legislations that have an impact on the corporate secretary ‘s roles and duties, and governance matters.
In other words, the title, “corporate secretary”, carries with it a professional sense of responsibility that must be discharged with due care and diligence. Applying appropriate best practices in the performance of the functions as a corporate secretary can, and does, influence the performance of a company.
Who Should Attend
- Corporate Secretaries;
- Senior Executives; and
- Individuals aspiring to pursue the corporate secretarial role.
Upon completion of this course, participants will become aware of:
- Who is, and what is expected of, a modern corporate secretary in the Brunei context?;
- The various relationships of which a corporate secretary is concerned with;
- The various functions, namely, the main statutory and non-statutory roles and duties of a corporate secretary as well as the actions to be taken;
- Legislations that impact the carrying out of his/her roles and duties; and
- The various dangers and risks of personal liability facing a corporate secretary.
|The Corporate Secretary in Brunei|
|General Legislation And Specific Legislation|
|Reporting Lines Of A Corporate Secretary|
|Functions: Roles And Duties|
|Statutory Registers, Filings And Timelines|
|Prohibitions Affecting a Corporate Secretary|
|Contraventions of Legislation|
|An Ethical or Legal Dilemma|
|16 – 17 October 2023||8:30 am – 5:00 pm|
Download Brochure Here