Design Thinking is an iterative user-centric process that seeks to understand the user, challenge traditional assumptions and redefine problems to identify alternative strategies and solutions. Design Thinking provides a solution-based approach to solving problems through emotive lenses and sensitive feelers.
The significance of Design Thinking ensues from the technology disruption and digital transformation which has dramatically changed the way organizations evolve. Some of the world’s leading brands, such as Apple, Google, Tesla, Alibaba, Samsung and GE, have rapidly adopted the Design Thinking approach to propel their business forward, integrating creative problem solving, technology adoption and future-proofing. Design Thinking is a method developed by IDEO, a Global Consultancy based in Palo Alto, California. It is taught at leading universities around the world, including Stanford, Harvard and MIT.
Design Thinking aims to provide a tried and tested systematic approach to transforming the way individuals and their organisation approaches business issues allowing them to devise innovative strategies that are both workable and productive.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Generate awareness of the main features, principles and methodologies of Design Thinking as an approach for innovation and work improvement;
- Recognise the benefits that Design Thinking will bring to the organization;
- Understand key procedures or tools involved in Design Thinking with a hands on learning experience, for innovative application and for identifying new opportunities; and
- Apply Design Thinking and its methodologies to participants’ work processes.
Who Should Attend
The target audience includes: Executive Level Officers and Officer Level.
Each participant will submit a pre-training writing assignment one week before the training session. This serves as an assessment to gauge the current competency of the participants.
Non-Stakeholder: BND $1,400.00
* Stakeholders are participants from MOFE, BDCB, and all domestic banks in Brunei Darussalam.Download Brochure here