In today’s organisations, employees often find it difficult to learn new skills and transfer current knowledge across functions. Companies too feel the urgent need to spur intrapreneurship and ownership at all levels, requiring employees to demonstrate business acumen in their day-to-day decisions. Developing entrepreneurial employees with business acumen is at the core of today’s major successful organisations; among them Google, IBM and Intel.
The ability to think strategically across the organisation vertically and horizontally to sense opportunities and threats, seize or deal with them and make the necessary changes is fast becoming the key dominant in an organisation’s success. Business acumen can no longer be limited to the founders and owners of businesses alone. It has become imperative for organisations to arm their workforce with skills and knowledge across business functions, in areas, they find particularly challenging like analysing reports, impact of key decision making, understanding financial tradeoffs, thereby paving the way for future managers.
- Be challenged in their abilities to set clear and attainable goals.
- Explore key issues regarding communication, resource management and team dynamics common to the work place and understand how they can optimise results through directed effort.
- Understand the planning process and foster a commitment to plan more effectively.
- Exercise leadership, effective use of all resources (including time and \information),delegation of roles and responsibilities and decision making skills in a team.
- Experience the impact of effective communication and negotiation (or a lack of them) on a team success or mediocrity
Who Should Attend
- New Managers
- or existing responsibilities supporting other departments and the organisation as a whole.
Face-to- face training.
Introduction to Business Acumen & Leadership
The Strategic Leader
5 Levels of Leadership
|13 – 14 November 2023
|8:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
For more information, you can visit https://www.libf.ac.uk/study/professionalqualifications/
Download Brochure Here