Essentials in Sukuk Structuring& Documentation (VILT)
This course introduces participants to the basic components of an Islamic capital market, and the role of sukuk as ‘fixed’ income securities for liquidity preservation and allocation. As sukuk gain centre stage in the Islamic finance sector, the instrument has been evolving to cater for more complex stakeholder requirements whilst remaining Sharia-compliant. This course will focus on the documentation required to develop popular sukuk structures by using case studies of previous issuances.
The facilitator will also guide the participants through exercises to understand structuring and documentation required, hands-on. Major sukuk defaults have been impacted by governing law. The course covers the implications of selecting governing law together with international best practice. Finally, social impact sukuk will be covered together with the structure required to achieve their objectives.
- Acquiring an overview of Islamic Capital Market instruments and the role of Sukuk.
- Being exposed to treasury instruments and solutions in solving liquidity challenges in the financial market.
- Understanding sukuk structures based on underlying contracts and other categories.
- Considering jurisdictional challenges in sukuk structure selection.
- Appreciating SRI, Green sukuk and Blue sukuk for maximising social impact.
- Being able to package basic sukuk and understanding the process of issuance from prospectus to legal documentation.
- Virtual Instructor Led Training
- Case Studies
- Group Discussions
Stakeholder*: BND 1,300.00
Non-Stakeholder: BND 1,450.00
* Stakeholders are participants from MOFE, BDCB, and all domestic banks in Brunei Darussalam.Download Brochure here