This programme was developed to address the licensing requirement for those who give investment advice as a financial planner with the guidance and support of Brunei Darussalam Central Bank (BDCB) and Tabung Amanah Pekerja (TAP), to provide the minimum knowledge and skills expected of a competent financial planner. The workshop consists of two parts; theory and skills which will be followed by assessments to ensure the financial planners demonstrate the necessary knowledge and skills required to serve the public effectively. BDCB has appointed BILIF to be the official Licensing Programme for the purposes of the licensing requirements under the Securities Markets Order, 2013.
- Demonstrate profound knowledge and understanding of financial planning;
- Various financial ratios used for financial planning;
- Cash management and budgeting, time value of money, investment planning, risk management, insurance planning and estate planning; and
- Establish financial goals and provide solutions and recommendations.s
Who Should Attend
- Individuals interested to apply for licensing from BDCB under investment/investment-linked advice.
- Individuals who are selling investments and/or investment-linked insurances.
- Individuals interested to become a financial planner.
|23 – 26 May||Theory|
|30 May||Two (2) hours exam|
|6 – 9 June||Phase 2; Skills Training|
|13 – 14 June||Skills Assessment|