GUIDE TO TAKAFUL AND RE-BUSINESS
This 2 days’ workshop on Takaful is specially designed to enhance on Knowledge of Takaful from Shariah principles, highlight current issues as well as up-dates the development of Takaful Products and practices in Global Market. Participants will get an opportunity to discuss and explore the issues related to Takaful, Retakaful and Islamic Bankatakaful in global market.
- Acquire the knowledge of Shariah principles in Takaful operations
- Discover the legal and regulatory issues in Takaful services
- Understand the principles, models and structures of Takaful and Retakaful
- Acquire the knowledge of technical and accounting treatment in Takaful industry
- Identify the disclosure of bases for determining and allocation surplus and deficit in Takaful operations
- Learn about Islamic Bancassurance
Azman Ismail has been in the Islamic finance industry since 1985 and has provided training and consultancy services in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Brunei and Iran and presented papers in Kuala Lumpur, Manama, New York, Tokyo, Brunei, Singapore, Cairo, London, Milan, Taipei, Taroudant and Abu Dhabi. He was an
external lecturer for the Master in Islamic Banking and Finance program at the Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance (IIiBF), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). He was also a Course Consultant and Member, Board of Studies at the Institute. He has been commissioned by the International Centre for Education in Islamic
Finance (INCEIF). He has also been consulted by the International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA). Azman was a Member of the Information Panel, AmanahRaya, the Public Trustee of Malaysia and a Shariah Advisor to several Islamic institutions in Malaysia and Singapore. He has written and translated thirteen books.