INTRODUCTION TO ISLAMIC BANKING & FINANCE
Basic of Islamic Banking and Finance is a 2 days training with emphasis on case studies and application. This course takes a look at both viewpoints of the bank and regulator, thereby offering a unique way to equip participants with the knowledge necessary for retail banking staff and those dealing with retail banking activities. This training will also be cover a brief, yet comprehensive understanding on Islamic Banking, Finance and Capital Market on a macro level.
Describe the banking framework in Brunei Darussalam
- Identify the differences between the traditional and more modern offering of banks’ products and services.
- Explain the rationale in offering different delivery channels.
- Examine the Financial Regulator’s roles and responsibilities and the significance of regulation in the banking sector in Brunei Darussalam.
- Describe the differences between Islamic and Conventional Banking and Finance.
Introduction to Retail Banking
- Regulator Framework in Brunei Darussalam
- Overview of Banking Framework
- Basic of Retail Banking
Introduction to Islamic Banking and Finance
- Component of Islamic Banking
- History and Global Development
- The Principles of Islamic Finance
- The Structure of Islamic Banks
Introduction to Muamalah Contract (Material in Malay, delivery in bilingual)
- Perbezaan di antara Ibadat dan Muamalat
- Sumber Hukum
- Qawaid Fiqhiyyah
- Maqasid Syariah
- Fiqh Muamalat
- Kontrak (Aqad)
- Jenis-Jenis Kontrak
- Perbezaan praktis Global
Khairul Anuar Ahmad
A Manager in Islamic Financial Services Unit at the Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD). He received his Bachelor’s degree in Shariah from Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) and Masters in Islamic Finance from the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF). He recently published a paper in journal of King Abdul Aziz University: Islamic Economics, with the title “Are Deposits and Investment Accounts in Islamic Banks in Malaysia Interest Free?”. His current research interests are Shariah governance, Shariah audit and review, Islamic banking, Islamic capital market, awqaf, Islamic law focusing on Islamic finance.
A trainer at the Centre For Islamic Banking, Finance and Management (CIBFM). He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Shariah from Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD). Ashri is in-charge on all Islamic Finance programmes conducted at the CIBFM. His projects include structuring Islamic Finance Progression Qualification for Brunei Darussalam, with an aim to develop leaders and experts in Islamic Finance Industry. Ashri is also the training coordinator for CIBFM’s Flagship Programme “Fiqh Muamalat Professional Programme”.