Islamic Banking: A Total Perspective is a 2 days training. This course looks at both viewpoints of the bank and regulator, thereby offering a unique way to equip participants with the knowledge necessary for retail banking staff and those dealing with retail banking activities. This training will also cover a brief, yet comprehensive understanding on Islamic Banking, Finance and Capital Market on a macro level.
- Describe the banking framework in Brunei Darussalam
- Identify the differences between the traditional and more modern oFfering of banks’ products and services
- Explain the rationale in offering different delivery channels
- Examine the Financial Regulator’s roles and responsibilities and the significance of regulation in the banking sector in Brunei Darussalam
- Describe the differences between Islamic and Conventional Banking and Finance
Ashraf Gomma Ali joined CIMB in April 2017 as Director and Head, Shariah & Governance Department. He is currently a Shariah Supervisory BoardMember ofUniversity Bank, Ann Arbor,
Michigan which had completed a full analysis of the Murabahah home finance product and issued a certificate of compliance. He is also a Certified Shariah Auditor and Advisor AAOIFI and ACI
TreasuryDealerCertificateACI-TheFinancialMarketsAssociation. Md Arop Othman is the Regional Head of Shariah Risk Management of CIMB Group. He was with Bank Negara Malaysia for 15 years before joining a number of Islamic Banks inMalaysia ie Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad, EXIM Bank Malaysia Berhad and Al Rajhi Bank.