ISLAMIC BANKING: A TOTAL PERSPECTIVE
Islamic Banking: A Total Perspective is a 2 days training with emphasis on case studies and application. This course takes a look at both viewpoints of the bank and regulator, thereby offering a unique way to equip par-ticipants with the knowledge necessary for retail banking staff and those dealing with retail banking activities. This training will also be cover a brief, yet comprehensive understanding on Islamic Banking, Finance and Capital Market on a macro level.
- Describe the banking framework in Brunei Darussalam
- Identify the differences between the traditional and more modern offering of banks’ products and services.
- Explain the rationale in offering different delivery channels.
- Examine the Financial Regulator’s roles and responsibilities and the significance of regulation in the banking sector in Brunei Darussalam.
- Describe the differences between Islamic and Conventional Banking and Finance.
- Introduction to Shariah
- Introduction to Muamalat
- Introduction to Islamic Banking and Finance
- Introduction to Retail Banking
- Overview of Different Types of Shariah Contracts
- Development of Financial System in Brunei Darussalam
- Regulatory Framework in Brunei Darussalam
- Overview of Banking Framework
– Retail Banking
– Corporate Banking
- Basics of Retail Banking
- General Products & Services
- Traditional vs Modern Product Offerings
- Delivery Channels
– Islamic Retail Banking vs Conventional Retail Banking
– Overview of Risks & Compliance in