Islamic Finance 101
The Islamic Finance 101 course provides an overview of Islamic banking and finance concept, background and related Syariah Principles governing Islamic finance.
The programme also includes discussions on the theories of property, rights, ownership, and contracts. The theory of contracts and its pillars are given specific emphasis and is covered in a significant portion of the course.
Who is this Programme for?
The programme is open to:
- any individuals who seek to understand the basic concepts of Islamic finance;
- New entrants to Islamic finance industry; and
- Those wishing to refresh their knowledge on Islamic finance basics.
- LEARN about Syariah, its sources and components, Maqasid Syariah, its classification and application in Islamic banking and finance;
- EXPLAIN the difference between Syariah and Fiqh as well as the differences between Islamic and conventional banking and finance;
- UNDERSTAND the application Syariah contracts in Islamic banking and finance; and
- DISCUSS the Syariah issues on Islamic finance products and instruments.
|Module 1: Understanding Syariah||Module 9: Types of contracts|
|Module 2: Sources of Syariah||Module 10: Requirement of Syariah Contracts in Islamic Finance|
|Module 3: Fiqh and Usul Fiqh||Module 11: Sale based Contracts in Islamic Finance|
|Module 4: Rulings of Syariah||Module 12: Al-Ijarah (Lease) Based Contracts in Islamic Finance|
|Module 5: Objectives of Syariah||Module 13: Partnership-Based Contracts in Islamic Finance|
|Module 6: The fundamental value of Maqasid Syariah||Module 14: Supporting Contracts|
|Module 7: Islamic Legal Maxims||Module 15: Regulatory Bodies in Islamic Finance and Takaful|
|Module 8: Theory of contracts||Module 16: Legal Framework for Islamic Finance|
|Module 17: Syariah Governance Framework|
|1 May 2023||
8:15 AM – 12:00 PM
|Normal Price||$ 200.00 (20% SBS)||$ 250.00|
Download Brochure Here