This programme provides middle-level managers with the opportunity to take stock of their approach to management and consider ways in which they may need to adjust that approach to take account of changing circumstances and increasing leadership responsibilities.
It places a particular emphasis on the middle manager`s role in both influencing and implementing strategy, and organizational change. Other important themes include developing high performances teams and collaborative relationships within and beyond the organisation.
- Walk through a journey of self discovery, development and evaluation that influence your managerial role as a leader
- Acquire broad essential skills and tools in people management to optimise individual/team performance and development in diverse and changing business environment
- Obtain insights to general management and learn best practices of functional skills necessary for effective management and supervision
- Develop a strategic thinking mindset with value-based and systemic understanding to manage/lead change for organisation alignment and development
- Present or share ideas/plans clearly and network with others in a conducive environment
Personal Mastery – Personal skills for success:
- Self management
- The exceptional leader
- Influencing skills
People Management – Building and managing teams:
- Team performance through mentoring and coaching
- Core group problem solving and decision making
- Dysfunctional group behavior
Organisational Alignment – Managing and leading change in organizations
- Change advocate
- Change and transition
- Three-phase transition framework
- Strategies to address the human side of change
Dr Lim Peng Soon is an Associate Consultant with the Singapore Institute of Management. He is also the President of his own training consultancy established in 1997. Prior to launching his consultancy practice in 1997, Dr Lim’s corporate career saw him holding senior appointments in human resource development in the banking, manufacturing, and services sector.
His areas of expertise are in team development, leadership development, and change management. He consults with local and multinational organisations, both in the public and private sectors, locally and overseas. He is the adjunct faculty of several organisations’ in-house leadership programmes. He is also an adjunct feedback coach with the Centre of Creative Leadership.
Dr Lim holds a doctoral degree in education and human development, specialising in organisational change, from The George Washington University (USA), and a Masters in Human Resource Development from the same university.
He is the recipient of the 2004 Ralph Upson Stone Award from The George Washington University for the best doctoral student entering the dissertation phase of the doctoral studies “who possesses academic excellence, and who represents and actualizes the self-less development of others”.
Arul John Peter holds an MBA and majored in strategic human resource management. He Completed Stage 1 & 2 Certification Training in Designing & facilitating workshop with Lego® Serious Play® Method. He is an accredited administrator of the MBTI suite of instruments and a certified EQ Trainer (6 Seconds Network, USA and Institute for Social + Emotional Intelligence, USA).
With 26 years of training experience, John facilitates management seminars and workshops in the areas of management excellence, EQ Skills, Creativity & Innovation and Personal Development.
During his tenure with the International Trade Secretariat, he was conducting training workshops in countries such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Fiji, Australia, Philippines, Thailand, India, Pacific Islands and several other Asian countries. He is well versed with the multi-cultural work environment in Asia-Pacific region.