Centre of Islamic Banking, Finance and Management (CIBFM) is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to fill the role of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to head the organization and lead a team of young professionals. The CEO will be responsible for the strategic and business aspects of the Centre and will work closely with the Board of Directors.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CEO:
- Communicate effectively, establish credibility and build trust relations throughout the organization and with the Chairman and Board of Directors as a preferred Centre of Excellence;
- Oversees all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of CIBFM’s strategic plan (a 5 to 10-year Masterplan or as directed by the Board) ensuring the alignment with short-term and long-term objectives;
- Responsible for the implementation of the policies of the Board of Directors, its day-to-day administration and its representation;
- Oversees the development and implementation of the Annual Business Plan (the annual budget and marketing strategies);
- Oversees brand development and the implementation of effective marketing strategies which aims to promote CIBFM and raise its profile as a preferred Centre of Excellence and globally recognized professional institution for Islamic finance;
- Accountable for the Centre’s overall performance including its financial performance to determine progress and status in the attainment of the Centre’s objectives (through agreed set of key performance indicators or measurable deliverables);
- Responsible for the creation, improvement, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures of policies and procedures that will improve operational and financial effectiveness
of the Centre;
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant offering expert advise on setting up collaboration and alliances with reputable international learning and training institutes or bodies;
- Maintain a deep knowledge and understanding of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities and industry development;
- Responsible in ensuring that the Centre maintains high corporate social responsibility wherever it does business; and,
- Carry out any ad hoc tasks as and when required by the Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
The post of CIBFM’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is a Senior Executive position and candidates should at the minimum possess the following qualifications and work experience:
- Academic degree and professional qualifications in a relevant discipline;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience at relevant senior management position;
- Proven significant work experience in the field of human capacity development, preferably with more than 7 years of experience;
- Experience in the Asia and Pacific region and in markets that offer Islamic financial products would be an added advantage;
- Excellent communication skills and has the ability to handle media and address public with a capability to effectively and influentially communicate in verbal and written form, liaise with colleagues and industry as a whole and ability to cultivate productive working relationships;
- In depth knowledge of organizational governance, financial management and performance management with an outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated capability to exercise sound judgement in the identification of issues, selection of the most appropriate solution and its implementation;
- Energetic, creative and possess strong personal drive and integrity as well as analytical, decision making and problem solving skills with a focus on achieving results and improving the way work is done;
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate in a team environment, including by remote management; and,
- Excellent diplomatic skills with and executive presence and ability to maintain a calm demeanor in high stress environment.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with their expected remunerations.
Applications must be received no later than 31 December 2020.