Ambitious organisations need new ways of thinking and innovative approaches to accelerate business results to stay competitive through continuous elevation of their employee performance.
With organisations becoming more employee-driven and empowered employees seeking greater responsibilities, the practice of coaching is an essential function of every manager and leader in the organisation.
Studies show that 3 in 5 employees feel more valued when coached by their manager or senior person and ultimately helps improve confidence and productivity.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of coaching.
- Types and styles of coaching.
- List the key differences between coaching, mentoring and other interventions.
- List the characteristics of an effective coach.
- Know when to use the directive and non-directive ways of communication when coaching.
- Use coaching tools to enhance the effectiveness of your coaching.
- The workshop will be included virtually in a classroom setting. Participants will be learning in small groups with interactive activities.
- Participants will be learning in small groups of interactive activities
- Participant’s skills and knowledge will be assessed in pairs
Stakeholder*: $650 (5% SBS)
Non-Stakeholder: BND $ 850
* Stakeholders are participants from MOFE, BDCB, and all domestic banks in Brunei Darussalam.Download Brochure here