As leaders, we need to deal with both opportunity and challenges. While we are focusing on how to successfully engage our team to achieve our organization’s objectives, we also have to deal with the consequences of missed targets, project failures, employee conflicts and all the other speed bumps that can affect our progress.
When opportunity knocks, we need to take advantage of it quickly. When things go wrong, we need to find an effective way to respond and recover. Most organizations are good at root cause analysis to identify what went wrong and assign blame for failure, but spend little time analyzing success.
- To provide an understanding of the concept, process & functions of leadership
- To lead teams effectively
- To equip with the knowledge and practice of the fundamental concepts of influence
- To improve employee retention
- To help company achieve breakthrough and have great foresight
- To understand own styles through profiling and impact of own styles towards others
- To enhance performance management and execution
- To learn both macro and micro approach to leadership
- To understand and apply strategic leadership
- Definition of Critical Thinking
- Q1: Am I leading strategically
- Q2: Am I influencing well?
- Q3: Am I guiding performance and execution well?
- Q4: Do I have the right people and team?
- Q5: Do I know what lousy leadership is?
Mr. Andrew Cheah has been a trainer and management consultant since 1991, specializing in the areas of performance management, productivity improvement, behavioral change, and leadership. Andrew has trained clients from such diverse industries (see list below) as banking, insurance, hospitality, sales and distribution, manufacturing, food, property development, government/public services, and higher education. Being tri-lingual (English, Mandarin, and Malay Languages), Andrew has extensive regional exposure in Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In addition to training, Andrew has guided and provided consulting services to clients, leading to one of them winning the prestigious Malaysian National Productivity Award presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir.
Andrew has also been invited to speak in events such as International Conference on Best Practices, which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Michael Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of Mercedes Benz Malaysia), and Dr Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise Inc.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. At the professional level, Andrew has a certificate in Blue Ocean Leadership Masterclass, as well as Leading Dimensions Profiling Trainer Certification (LDP certified). In addition to being a qualified ISO9000 assessor, his experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist (New York).