This two-day programme run by leading HR analytics experts provides an in-depth introduction to HR analytics and enables you to develop the skills to initiate a human capital analytics journey by providing tools and methods for:
• Linking HR and business strategies
• Assessing organisational readiness for analytics initiatives
• Building the business case for analytics
• Demonstrating the credibility and value added by HR
• Using analytical insights to improve talent management processes
• Defining the roles, capabilities, and structures required to maximise analytics effectiveness.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define human capital analytics
- Understand the importance of HR analytics as an evidence-based decision-making tool
- Describe the most common human capital strategies used by organisations
- Describe the evolution of HR analytics
- Describe a typical analytical process used to measure the impact of HR programmes on organisational outcomes
- Explain the accountability of HR in the context of human capital analytics
- Explain the importance of valuing human capital
- Explain the changing accountability of HR in the context of human capital analytics
- Learn how to assess an organisation’s readiness to implement a human capital analytics initiative
- Understand the criteria for selecting between strategic and tactical analytics initiatives
- Understand the steps required to implement human capital analytics
Sam has 15 years experience in the field people analytics and strategic workforce planning as a practitioner, consultant and educator; he is an experienced conference speaker and has designed and delivered in excess of 50 workshops across this subject matter.His primary expertise is to enable individuals and organisations to make accelerated progress on the People Analytics journey.
He has developed, adapted and embedded Strategic Workforce Planning frameworks in a number of organisations.
Sam is also a founder and managing consultant at Workforce Dimensions Limited who partner with organisations seeking to understand and maximise the contribution their people make to business imperatives.He is a Senior Lecturer in People Analytics at Middlesex University and a member of the CIPD HR Analytics Advisory panel.
Formally, Sam was Head of Workforce Analytics and People Reporting at British Telecom, and Senior Advisory Consultant and Academy Manager at InfoHRM (now Success Factors).
In November 2018 he co-authored the CIPDs ‘Getting started with people analytics: a practitioners’ guide.