Leading and managing a project successfully requires rigorous discipline, nimble thinking and proactive planning. This programme provides a toolkit which focuses on the five phases of project management – initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing. It provides an overview of the project life cycle specified by the Project Management Institute and also on the human side of the project management.
- Understand what a project is
- Appreciate the overview of Project Management
- How to plan projects in systematic fashion
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Initiate and plan projects in a more systematic and effective manner
- Be equipped with the knowledge and application of RSS (Resource-Scope-Schedule)
- Appreciate the overview of project management
Module 1: What is a Project?
- What is A Project?
- What is Project Management?
- Resources-Scope-Schedule (The Triple Constraints)
Module 2: Initiation
- Setting A SMART Project Goal
- Identify your stakeholders
- Creating requirement and deliverable
Module 3: Planning
- Estimate time, Resources and Cost
- Building the work breakdown Structure and Schedule
- Creating a communication plan
- Creating a Risk Management Plan
Module 4: Executing the project
- Establishing baseline
- Monitor project progress
Module 5: Maintaining and controlling the project
- Making the most of status updates
- Managing change
- Monitoring Risks
Module 6: Closing out
- Preparing for closeout
- Celebrating Successes
- Learning from Project Challenges
Sanjay Mehta is a facilitator, coach and consultant with almost 20 years of career experience mostly in IT industry, leading businesses and teams locally, regionally in Asia and also in USA. His years in the IT field saw him work for one of the world’s largest software companies, Microsoft. He was involved in various technical, business and managerial roles. Area of expertise include Business Management and Operations, Readiness Management including Training Development and Delivery, Program and Project Management, Change Management, Customer and Call Centre Support, Account Management, Consulting, Technical Sales and System Management. He has a wide profile of training and coaching experience in IT, Customer Services, Leadership and Management, etc. Sanjay is a trainer and facilitator in soft skills ranging from Communications and Problem Solving to Leadership and People Management. He is certified in the Advance certificate of Coaching Skills from Results Coaching System which is a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF). He has worked with companies and institution from various sectors such as Public Sector, Telco, Banking, IT and others. Examples include Microsoft, StarHub, DHL, Citibank, Prudential. SMU, NCS, Singhealth, MCYS, SPF, MOH, CHC Construction, T-system among others.