This Training course gives you the knowledge and kills needed to review, benchmark and refine operational risk policies within your financial institution. It uses the definitions of the Basel Committee and draws upon both Basel II and Basel III approaches.
• How to comply with the Basel Accord
• How to calculate the charges
• How to integrate outsourcing into your project
• The role of risk appetite in operational risk management
• The importance of the Risk Register
• How to establish and use an internal loss database
• Business continuity planning in the face of extreme events
• How to use external loss data
• How to develop and use of both stress testing and scenario analysis
• How to model business processes
• How to develop and use key risk indicators (KRIs)
Alan has over 30 years experience of financial markets. He is a leading expert on securities and derivatives markets with particular expertise in the management of operations and risk. He is an authority on trading, clearing and settlement with very substantial international experience.
Most of Alan’s career has been formed by holding a number of senior executive positions at the London Clearning House in the UK and offshore and then with MEFF, the Spanish financial Future Exchange. Alan is a member of the Securities & Investment Institute (MSI).