Our Iceberg Is Melting™
“The only thing that is constant is Change” ? Heraclitus.
This quotation was true of Ancient Greece and is still true for organisations today. However, reactions to organisational change are largely similar – resistance, inefficiencies and even chaos. Thirty years of research by leadership guru, Dr John Kotter, has shown that 70% of major change efforts fail because organisations often do not take the holistic approach required to see change through. Dr Kotter has created an 8-step process to help organisations avoid failure and become adept at change.
By improving their ability to change, organisations will have greater efficiency, be more adaptable and increase their chances of success with change efforts. This means savings in both human and capital costs while at the same time creating well equipped leaders at all levels who take action when something needs to be done.
- Create a compelling vision of the future and help people to focus on the benefits of change
- Create and instill change readiness and agility in your organisation
- Create ‘Leaders at all Levels’; form Leadership Teams capable of guiding change effectively and identify team member traits needed
- Learn to get things done through others at all levels, seize opportunities and take initiative
- Develop communication plans and key messages that generate buy-in
- Develop strategies for instilling a new culture based on new ways of doing things
- Our Iceberg is Melting™ – The subtle intricacies
- How to raise the level of importance for the needed change to get enough attention
- Create Vision elements of what would happen if change is achieved
- Identifying those whose skills, attitudes, reputation and support you need for buy-in
- Identify forces that will increase or decrease the likelihood of achieving change
- Discover additional changes needed as a result of making the first change
- Identify and eliminate negative behaviour across the organisation
- Assess your current state and the gaps requiring attention to make change a reality
- Create a Team or Individual Action Plan to stay focused on achieving change
Ms Roshini Ganesan is a founding partner of a consulting firm. She has been in corporate training for over 14 years. She has trained in over 10 countries in the area of Business Presentations, Customer service, Communication, Emotional Intelligence and Positivity to a diverse audience. Prior to this she spent 7 years in Corporate Marketing Communications. Roshini brings to her classes energy and enthusiasm and attendees consistently comment on how engaging and effective her sessions are.
In addition to being a Certified facilitator in Law of Attraction, Master Practitioner in NLP, Certified trainer in EQ, Accredited trainer in Think On Your Feet®. She is also trained in the group facilitation process of Open Space Technology and in Interactive Training Strategies (by the renowned Dr Thiagi).
Meenakshi Sarup is a Manager & Partner at LOA CENTRE SG and Master Trainer of NLP with over 12 years of corporate experience in Human Resources, Skill Development and Organizational Development and Quality Systems and over 3 years of experience training clients in NLP-based programs, mainly in the areas of Communication and Presentation Skills. She is also a Certified Trainer of Emotional Intelligence and finds the two areas very complementary. She has trained audiences in Singapore, Malaysia, India and Thailand. Meenakshi finds NLP’s focus on RESULTS has helped her tremendously not only in her professional life as a trainer and coach but also in her personal life.