SELECTING THE RIGHT TALENT: KNOW MORE, GUESS LESS
To ensure the long term sustainability of an organisation success. It is important to select the right talent for the right job at the right time because choosing the ‘right’ people will reduce the cost and effect on the organisation.
Lack of motivation and morale, inability to perform, customer complaints and dissatisfaction, high employee turnover, high cost of training and coaching are some of the cost and consequences of not choosing the right people.
This course will cover the aspects of Selecting the Right Talent: Know more, Guess Less which is a program on Competency Based Interviewing (CBI) – a proven tool to select the right people for the right job at the right time.
It is expected, upon completion of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of selecting the right candidate and consequences of wrong hiring
- Understand the requirements for job success (competencies) and use them as selection criteria
- Acquire interview techniques, tools and approaches to gather accurate and relevant competency–based data
- Develop effective interpersonal skills to build rapport and leave a position impression upon interviewees
- Apply process and interaction skills to effectively manage challenging interview situation.
Benefits to attend
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of the Interviewers
- What to prepare before interviewing interviewees
- Creating the right environment during the interview session
- Types of Interviewing techniques
- Identifying the consequences of poor hiring decision
- Requirement for job success – competencies
- Making the right hiring decisions
Mr. Sim Bok San, is a lively, energetic, passionate and enthusiastic facilitator. He set up SIM Consulting providing Human Resource development solutions. He was a Principal Consultant with a Development Dimensions International (DDI) for 8 years and had gained extensive experience and exposure in the field of Human performance.
Sim had conducted workshop from Asia, Africa, America, Australia, Canada, Europe and Latin America. He had certified more than 450 Instructors and had trained more than 5000 executives, managers and senior leaders. He is also certified and experienced indoor and outdoor experiential facilitator.
Sim Bok San has extensive experience managing large and complex performance management system projects and he was engaged by a large manufacturing concern to identify training needs and training solution for all levels of staff.Download Brochure