This is a full five day stimulating and innovative programme – which makes extensive use of video case studies.
- Critically review and apply the latest thinking about strategy and examine how key tools and techniques of competitive strategy can be applied to build and maintain advantage
- Examine the major causes of strategic failure and how they can be avoided by acting proactively to exploit opportunities and counter threats – including low cost global competition and disruptive innovation – through proactive innovation and the development of organisational agility.
- Work on a team based competitive case simulation illustrating how the elements of strategic analysis must be integrated into a coherent strategic story
- Explore the process of creativity and innovation to help you enhance your own creative capabilities and those of the organisation.
- Explore the critical behavioural connection between creativity, innovation and leadership.
- Diagnose and reflect on the effectiveness of your own leadership style.
- Observe different models of management and leadership and their effectiveness in different environments.
- Examine the critical role of leadership in promoting strategic change and innovation.
- Develop a personal leadership agenda for building the competencies you will require to become a proactive strategist rather than a reactive manager through an understanding of six key leadership conversations.
- Day 1: Thinking and Acting Strategically
- Day 2: The Implementation Challenge
- Day 3: Creativity and Innovation
- Day 4: The Challenge of Effective Leadership
- Day 5: Integrating Strategy, Innovation and Leadership to Sustain Competitive Advantage
Mr. Andrew Cheah started his consulting and training experience in 1991 as a management consultant attached with a US based consultancy firm. He has extensive consulting experience in Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia, specializing in the areas of productivity improvement, cost savings, behavioral change survey and training. His client came from such diverse industries as Electronics &Electrical, Steel Mill, Food Processing, Garment & Knitting, Furniture, Fertiliser, and Yarn/Thread. His last position was the Vice President of Operations before joining the manufacturing fraternity as Head of Department with multiple responsibilities in the areas of Training, Facility, Industrial Engineering, Productivity, and Safety. Under his leadership, the company won the National Productivity Award in 1999, organized by the National Productivity Corporation (NPC) and presented by the previous Malaysian Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir. He became the General Manager for an organization listed on Stock Exchange of Malaysia/Bursa Malaysia before setting up his own management consultancy practice.
Andrew is also active contributor to the industry. He has been invited to speak in event such as International Conference on Best Practices which was graced by senior officials from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI), sharing the stage with Professor Micheal Gregory of the University of Cambridge, Mr Dieter Heyl (2007 Vice President of DaimlerChrysler Malaysia), and Dr. Marcus Chao, President of Lean China Enterprise.
Andrew has an MBA degree qualification with the University of Portsmouth, UK. His experience in international consultancy has also earned him a membership with the Association of Productivity Specialist (New York), in addition to being a qualified ISO 9000 assessor (QMI/SIRIM). He speak fluent English, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia.