CISI Introduction to Securities & Investment
This unit of the Capital Markets Programme provides those advising and/or dealing in derivatives with the knowledge and skills required for their job roles.
The objective of the examination are to provide candidates with a basic introduction to the financial services industry with a focus on investments.
- Know: Require candidates to recall information such as facts, rules and principles.
- Understand: Require candidates to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact or principles.
- Be able to calculate: Require candidates to be able to use formulae to perform calculations.
- Be able to apply: Require candidates to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstance in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle.
- *Stakeholders: $655.00
- Non-Stakeholders: $720.00
* Stakeholders are participants from MOFE, BDCB and all domestic banks in Brunei Darussalam.
- The Introduction to Investment is assessed via a one-hour exam consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates sitting the examination by computer-based testings may also be asked to answer up to 10% of additional questions.
- The pass mark for the exam is 70%.
- Candidates are recommended a minimum of 80 hours qualification time.
Managing Operational Risk in Financial Institutions
The level 4 Certificate in Managing Operational Risk in Financial Institutions is a higher level pathway for risk professionals who may have achieved Operational Risk as part of the Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) and who wish to:
- Equip themselves with the knowledge and practical techniques to be able to investigate an operational risk incident
- Manage operational risk in the long term
- Model appropriate behaviours to support operational risk management in the workplace
- Effectively recommend and contribute to measures to enhance the operational risk culture and operational risk management in the workplace.
- Fundamentals of business models and associated business risks in financial institutions
- Fundamentals of financial risk in financial institutions
- Operational risk in financial institutions
- Organisational considerations in operational risk management
- Management of operational risk in financial institutions
- Application of the risk management process
- Operational risk incidents: an investigation
- Regulation of operational risk
- Supporting operational risk management in the workplace
- Analyse requires candidates to review the information content in detail and draw conclusions
- Apply requires candidates to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule, or principle
- Critically analyze require candidates to review information content and includes exploring the limitations of the main content in order to draw conclusions
- Evaluate require candidates to review the information context and to make an informed judgement
- Understand requires the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule, or principle
- Calculate requires the candidate to be able ot use formulae to perform calculations
- A one hour 45 minute, 70 multiple-choice question exam delivered by Computer-Based Testing (CBT).
- Candidates sitting the exampination by Computer-Based Testing (CBT) may also be asked to answer up to 10% of additional questions.
- The pass mark for the exam is 70%.
- Candidates are recommended a minimum of 140 hours of qualification time
Stakeholders * : BND 750
Non-Stakeholders: BND 975
* Stakeholders are participants from MOFE, BDCB and all domestic banks in Brunei Darussalam.Download Brochure here
Professional Banker Certificate
The Professional Banker Certificate is an introductory banking certificate suitable for individuals new to, or already working, in retail, business and private banking environments. Developments in regulation and technology are rapidly changing the banking industry, and the Professional Banker Certificate builds the foundation of knowledge and skills needed for professionals to thrive in the exciting world of banking in a digital age
Any financial services professionals who wish to develop and demonstrate their knowledge and expertise of the banking industry. Including those in specialized areas such as IT, HR and Marketing.
There are no entry requirements for Professional Banker Certificate, and no prior knowledge is assumed.
- Module 1: Banks and Banking in a Digital Age
- Module 2: Products and Services, Distribution Channels, and the Customer Experience
- Module 3: Principles and Practice of Bank Lending
- Module 4: Bank Risks
- Module 5: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Module 6: Professionalism and Ethics in Banking
- Interactive and digital learning;
- Assessed by an online exam comprising 60 multiple choice questions with a minimum pass mark of 60%; and
- Examination can be taken at BILIF. Results will be available immediately.