AAOIFI CERTIFIED SHARI’AH ADVISOR AND AUDITOR (CSAA)
“CSAA” stands for Certified Shari’ah Advisor and Auditor and it’s one of the two fellowship programmes offered by Accounting And Auditing Organization For Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI). It was launched in 2006 and currently undergoing a revamping exercise.
CSAA is a professional fellowship in Shari’ah Advisory and Shari’ah Auditing. It is designed to equip candidates with the requisite technical understanding and professional skills on Shari’ah compliance and review processes for international Islamic banks and financial institutions.
The fellowship places greater emphasis on practical knowledge and real-world applications (and exercises) to deliver an enhanced and optimised learning experience.
Who is this Programme for?
This certificate is open to anyone seeking a career in Shari’ah Advisory & Audit.
At minimum – undergraduate degree / professional qualification.
Through the CSAA programme, candidates will gain advanced knowledge in:
- The Shari’ah requirements for different contracts, products, and services used in Islamic finance;
- Roles and functions of various Shari’ah compliance and review processes in financial institutions;
- Collaboration between a financial institution’s Shari’ah Supervisory Board (SSB) and its internal Shari’ah compliance and review processes;
- Mechanism to ensure Shari’ah compliance in accordance to resolutions and fatwas (Scholars’ rulings) issued by Shari’ah Supervisory Board (SSB);
- Technical review of banking and financial operations to determine Shari’ah compliance; and
- Establishing the foundations to gain stakeholders’ trust and confidence in a financial institution’s adherence to Shari’ah.
- The qualification is completed by passing a 3-hour examination consisting of 100 multiple choice questions.
- The passing marks is 70% .
- The examination will be conducted at BILIF.
The CSAA programme covers technical subjects that are essential to Shari’ah compliance and review processes for the international Islamic banking and finance
|AAOIFI’s Shari’ah standards on Islamic finance products and practices, and Shari’ah basis for those standards.|
|AAOIFI’s Governance standards on Shari’ah compliance and review processes.|
|Islamic banking and finance supervision (including regulatory and external supervision, internal review, and application of AAOIFI’s standards).|
|Shari’ah compliance and review procedures (including on planning, operations, documentation, and reporting).|
|Application of Shari’ah and Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence) to Islamic banking and finance practices.|
|Professionals and executives who are currently involved in Shari’ah compliance and review for banking and finance.|
|Professionals and executives who are currently involved in accounting, auditing, and finance.|
|Islamic Insurance – Takaful|
|Professionals and executives with interests in the fields of Shari’ah, accounting, auditing, or finance.|
|Fee||$ 1,160.00||$ 1,160.00|
Download Brochure Here