Effective Complaint Handling
Customers are important in ensuring the survival and sustainability of any company or organisation. Customers have the right to receive an excellent level of customer service and experience. Customers who complain are offering companies and organisations a chance to identify and resolve problems, demonstrate excellent service and keep customers loyal. Companies and organisations, however, cannot stop customers from having concerns about the level of their customer service and making a complaint to the service provider. What is important is how the staff receiving the complaint deals with and handles the upset customer.
This 2-day training programme will benefit frontline staff, staff in the customer-facing roles and staff who serve and deal with customers regularly. It is also suitable for staff who are working in customer service or complaint handling departments. This training programme will provide participants with the crucial skills, techniques and tools to improve their customer services.
Participants will have the opportunity to apply the tips, methods and toolkits via roleplaying scenarios and how to overcome the challenges posed when handling a complaint or an upset customer.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of attending to and responding to complaining customers;
- Recognise the key skills and qualities needed to handle the customer effectively;
- Understand and effectively apply the methods, techniques and toolkits on how to handle complaints or an upset customer;
- Appreciate and understand the importance of being prepared when handling a complaining or an upset customer;
- Understand the different types of complaining customers and how to handle them;
- Effectively manage and control the conversation with complaining or upset customers; and
- Handle and respond to work-related complaints more confidently.
Who should attend
- Frontline staff and customer-facing staff who serve and handle customers daily or on a regular basis
- Staff who are in customer servicing departments, such as customer service or complaint department
- Individuals who are keen to sharpen their skills in handling angry and upset customers
The workshop will be supported with:
- A printed visual presentation slides and space for personal notes
- Relevant individual work exercises, group work exercises and participants’ presentations
- Sharing and application of complaint handling related concepts and toolkits
- Learning enhancement activities with facilitated group/individual review and feedback sessions
- Video recordings of role-plays and video viewing to enhance learning
- Sharing of best practices by our consultant/trainer from actual work application and experience.
|The complaint handling
concepts and strategies
|Types of complaining customers||
|Communicating with a
complainant or an upset
|Handling complaints received
through telephone calls
|Agreeing on appropriate course
of action with customers
|Overall Learning Application
|16-17 November 2022||8:30am to 12:00pm & 1:30pm to 5:00pm|
|$ 700.00 (20%SBS)||$ 800.00|
Download Brochure Here