The Financial Planning Practitioners’ Programme (FPPP) was formulated specifically to address the licensing requirement for financial planners with the guidance and support of AMBD as well as TAP, to cover the minimum knowledge and skills expected of a competent financial planner. The workshop consists of two parts; theory and skills which will be followed by assessments to ensure the financial planners demonstrate the necessary knowledge and skills required to serve the public effectively.
AMBD has appointed CIBFM to be the official Licensing Programme for the purposes of the licensing requirements under the Securities Markets Order, 2013.
- Demonstrate profound knowledge and understanding of financial planning.
- Various financial ratios used for Financial Planning.
- Cash management and budgeting, time value of money, investment planning, risk management, insurance planning and estate planning.
- Establish financial goals and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Module 1: introduction to Financial Planning
- Module 2: Financial Statement and Financial Ratio Analysis
- Module 3: Cash Management and Budgeting
- Module 4: Time Value of Money
- Module 5: Risk Management and Insurance Planning
- Module 6: Investment Products and Investment Plannng
- Module 7: Unit Trusts
- Module 8: Retirement Planning
- Module 9: Estate Planning
- Module 10: Code of Ethics and Regulatory Controls & Practice
- Two (2) hours examination consisting 100 multiple choices questions.
- The passing marks for the exam is 65%.
SKILLS ASSESSMENT & KNOWLEDGE APPLICATION
- To assess readiness of candidate to conduct financial planning for clients.
- There are (2) two parts of assessment: Solution Design and Skill Assessment
|15 – 18 March||Theory|
|22 March||Two (2) hours Exam|
|23 – 26 March||Phase 2: Skills Training|
|29 – 30 March||Skills Assessment|
Who Should Attend
- Individuals interested to apply for licensing from AMBD under investment/investment-linked advice.
- Individuals who are selling investments and/or investment-linked insurances.
- Individuals interested to become a financial planner.
Stakeholder * : BND 2,105
Non-Stakeholder: BND 2,750
* Stakeholders are participants from MOFE, AMBD and all domestic banks in Brunei Darussalam.
Download Brochure here