Improving and maintaining high productivity and quality is a major concern to most organisations. While managers do not directly influence certain performance-affecting factors such as competition or the economy, there are numerous under utilised or incorrectly applied factors within their control. This results in diminished productivity and job quality.
Fortunately, managers can learn skills and install procedures that research has shown will improve and maintain human performance. In fact, the research conducted by the programme leader and team has clearly revealed that some of the greatest gains in productivity are achieved through manager-controlled factors, especially when compared to capital investment strategies.
Managing Performance is a performance-oriented system that ensures managers learn and apply effective techniques on the job.
At the end of this programme, participants will learn the following:
- Identify key areas of group and individual accountability;
- Develop performance objectives and standards key results areas, as well as defining and setting up the teams’ KPIs;
- Develop performance goals and action plans for each specific period that help employees achieve or exceed performance standards;
- Administer positive reinforcement techniques to motivate employees;
- Provide regular feedback, coaching & counselling to overcome performance deficiencies; and
- Learn how to prepare and conduct performance appraisal discussion.
Who Is This Programme For?
- Senior Managers, Mid-Level Managers and General Managers
- Senior and Mid-Level
- Team Leaders and Head of Departments
- Human Resources and Learning & Development Managers
|2 – 3 July 2024
| 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Download Brochure Here