Conflicts are a natural part of business life and also the biggest threat to effective collaboration. According to a study by CPP Inc, each employee spends about 2.1 hours every week dealing with conflicts which results in the loss of productivity and efficiency. In fact, one of the most common reasons employees leave a job is due to unresolved conflicts in their workplace.
To improve success and ensure sustainability, teams need to understand conflict and manage them. However, a common issue in many organisations is that most employees and managers lack conflict management training.
If managed appropriately, conflict can increase interpersonal relationship satisfaction, creative problem-solving, and improve overall efficiency, creativity, and profitability. On the other hand, mishandled conflicts will cause organisational inefficiency, reduced productivity, and stymy innovation.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective conflict management;
- Identify different types of conflicts and underlying triggers;
- Observe behaviours that are exhibited when conflict is not constructively managed;
- Apply conflict management techniques to obtain a positive outcome;
- Develop their interpersonal communication styles and negotiation skills to improve settlement and avoid re-escalation.
- Introduction to conflict;
- Conflict awareness and identification;
- Communication styles for different personalities;
- Understanding how conflicts escalate/de-escalate;
- Types of conflict management techniques;
- Rebuilding trust and establishing team dynamics.
Who Should Attend
This programme is suitable for positions that require the ability to communicate clearly and influence their colleagues and peers to improve performance and create a positive working environment:
- Head of Departments;
- Supervisors; and
- Team Leaders.
This programme is also suitable for junior staff to improve their conflict management and collaborative skills to achieve workplace efficiency and productivity.
Stakeholder*: BND $ 450.00
Non-Stakeholder: BND $ 450.00
*Stakeholders are participants from MOFE, AMBD and all domestic banks in Brunei Darussalam.
Download Brochure here